Well, folks. Here we are – less than one month to National Catholic Sisters Week 2018.
This month, I’d like to take a moment to remind you of a few ways to get involved this year:
1) If you’ve got an event already planned, we’d love to know about it!
- a. If the event is open to the public, let us promote it for you. Simply go to http://www.nationalcatholicsistersweek.org/create-event.php and fill out the form. We will list your event on our website and promote on Facebook and Twitter.
- b. If your event is not open to the public, we’d still like to add it to our event count for NCSW 2018! Please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with event title, date and time!
2) If you don’t have an event planned, but would like to hold one – take heart!
- a. We still have NCSW in a boxes available and can ship in time!
- i. The Movie Night in a box simply needs a little set up and some advertising!
- ii. The Speed Dating in a box needs a small group of interested sisters, plus some set up and advertising.
- iii. Email us at email@example.com today and we’ll ship your box out ASAP!
Okay, maybe you are a lone NCSW supporter and are looking for ways to celebrate sisters in a smaller, more personal way. Well, then my yearly challenge is for you!
If there has been a sister who has had a positive impact on your life, I’d like to encourage you to get in touch with her. You can send her a card, or take her out to coffee or even to lunch. If that sister is no longer living, consider reaching out to her community with a card, or even making a donation. If you are on social media, make a post and tag us in it so that we can share your gratitude during the month of March. Please remember that, for those of us who are not sisters, NCSW is an opportunity to express our gratitude for all of the contributions of women religious – from the global, to the national, to the personal. It’s the little things that count!